Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wifie, you owe me $13,008 and an apology!

Sometimes I would like a break. It's not that I don't like cooking everyday, every meal, to specific specifications and whatnot. But sometimes it seems like I spend hours in the kitchen cutting, slicing, seasoning, braising, browning, sauteeing, steaming, timing, sweating, plating, packaging and cleaning. That's 'cause I do. Like a very high class restaurant chef/owner, I don't always get good reviews.

Fortunately, all I have to do is juice for my wife right now and that is significantly easier. But when I come back to work and everything has to look super appetizing and be appetizing, I will be falling dramatically behind I suspect. So I thought I would check out TheFreshDiet.com to see if I could turn my duties over for a month. If you yourself go there and see the "plans", you will see why my post in titled as such. My month off would cost me $1,084 and that is for the cheap one.

Granted, if you spend $600 on groceries every month and eat out for lunch everyday and dinner once a week, this is totally doable. But if you are reading this, it's because you are my friend or you Googled "$50 per week groceries." (To my friends: Hey that's my new series coming up! Stay tuned).

Anyway, I think I'll just be happy with the fact that I can turn $213 of groceries into $1,084 worth of delivered prepared goodness. I even include dessert occasionally!

Wifie, I think we can call it even.

No comments:

Post a Comment